Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Sweet Sympathy Butterfly Card

This is my THIRD card this week. What has gotten into me? Hehehe, just am enjoying playing in my craft room too much! Maybe I better put this energy into my laundry....naw, I'd rather play with paper!  I wanted to finally try a sketch challenge (I have been chicken about this) and I found it made making decisions SO much easier!  So, I guess I will try more.  This sketch is from a Challenge at The Sweetest Thing - Sweet Sunday Sketch #154.  Here is my interpretation of it:



 My wonderful Cuttlebug was very useful for this card as I used two different folders-the Swiss Dots, and the little flowers that came with my bug.  Paper by  Cloud 9 (love the stripe); my own crinkle ribbon in Hint of Pesto and Versa Magic ink.  The Stripe ribbon and flat lace are from my odds and ends box, The beautiful butterfly is from K & Company.  This card is entered in the following challenges:
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Ch#160 - Lace and Scallops 
(There are scallops on the lace, Promise!)
 I am looking forward to Spring.  The weather has been in the 60's here this week and my little spring flowers are starting to bud.  Soon my daffodils will be up...Ahhh bring on Spring!   

11 comments:

Maria said...

Very pretty sympathy card! Love the paper you chose and beautiful butterfly! Perfect quote for inside, too! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs:-))!!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful card! The butterfly is gorgeous... You are sooo good at making your own sentiments and poems. Awesome!!! Hugs, Dawn And yes, playing with paper is way better than the laundry. HaHa!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! Love the butterfly and texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
~Sheri

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Love the embossing details and butterfly. Thanks for joining our CropStop Butterfly Challenge.

Cindy said...

This is so very pretty. Your colors and the butterfly are perfect for this card too. Thank you for sharing this with us in the Tea Room this week.

NanaConnie said...

I always have trouble doing sympathy cards, but this one is magnificent, Cindy! Love the butterfly.

Unknown said...

Cindy what a pretty sympathy card! I love butterflies and yours is just so pretty.
hugs,
Ellen

Stacy said...

Cindy, this is such a pretty card, I love the colors and butterfly. Who cares about laundry anyway??? Crafting is so much more enjoyable :) (This coming from someone who's got a small mountain growing)

Christy Beans said...

Very pretty and you're right - that striped paper is just lovely. =) Thanks for joining us for the Pastels challenge at PCJ! ~Christy

CropStop said...

Beautiful wings! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Unknown said...

How cute :)


Carina
CT at Cropstop