Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Warm Wishes

First of all a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Kellie from Kards by Kellie for giving me a "stinking cute" blog award!!! What a dear blogger friend she is so everyone go visit her wonderful blog!  Now on to a new card.  It's summer so here is my take on sunshine and blue skies:



I hadn't used my Country Life Cartridge since I had purchased it and it has so many cute graphics.  I love the sunshine coming up over the hill.  It is just so cheery and I also used the sheep from this cart because you NEED sheep grazing on a hillside!!  Another thing I like about this cartridge is the great alphabet and word selection.  They are also not as hard as some to cut out and keep in one piece.  I cut the words out at 1" and they hung together pretty well.  Here are my supplies:
  • Country Life Cart: sunshine and hillside, sheep and words
  • Paper by K&Company (jeepers I love their paper!)
  • VersaMagic Chalk Ink and Distress ink in Antique linen
  • Bakers Twine in black and white, 2 buttons
  • Inside original words done on computer
Thanks for stopping by.  I won't get another card done til next week so have a GREAT weekend and thanks to you WONDERFUL blogger friends who helped put me over 50 followers!!! 100 here I come!!!  I have entered this card in the following challenges:
  1. The Kraft Journal  - Make it Monday: something borrowed or something blue
  2. Paper Playtime Ch#50 - Summer
  3. Party Time Tuesday PTT #24 - Blue Skies and Sunshine
  4. My Sheri Crafts Challenge #64 - Faithful companions (yes a sheep is a companion)
  5. City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #63 - Let the Sunshine In

23 comments:

Amy said...

This card is so great! I love the design, the pen stitching, button, and even the inside is so pretty! :)Amy

Maribel said...

Ooooh I love the colors! I like how you added the layers and detailing on the inside of the card!
Maribel

MyCuriousCrafts said...

What an adorable card, amazing detail. Super cute! ~Shen

Amy said...

I love this card! I really like how you used patterned paper on the hill! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This a great card. It is just lovely. Cindy please come by my blog, I have a couple awards for you. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Janis Lewis said...

Cindy - this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the papers you used and that button is PERFECT! This is so summery! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a cute card! I love the little scene you created! Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Ros said...

This is terrific!! ... I love the little sheep there and a fabulous sentiment ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Sheri said...

Yep, the sheep is perfect! Great card and perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Lisa said...

What an absolutely adorable card! I LOVE the papers and your design is fabulous! I also LOVE your all white card - it is so beautiful! You have such a great blog! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and entered my giveaway so I could find your awesome blog! I am now following you and look forward to your future projects :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

paige said...

Cute card! Love the scene you created! Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and beautiful all in one, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Charlotte said...

Just a beautiful card. It is so sweet and pretty with such a lovely message.
Charlotte

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

This is so cute for summer. It is happy and inviting.
Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
Krista, guest designer
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Tracey said...

Hi Cindy, I just love your card...I've got the same cartridge and have not used it! Thankyou so much for the inspiration, I'm going to dust it off and get creating. Your butterfly card on the previous post is just beautiful, I love white on white with all that embossing:)

Karen H said...

Cindy, this is so adorable! You created such a gorgeous scene here... your paper choices are gorgeous and I love that sweet little sheep! Excellent work, as always. And I love the sentiment! Beautiful. :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Arcy Scraps said...

Very beautiful, the inside is as excellent as the outside.

Michelle said...

Great card, Cindy! Love the sun and cloud background! Love the mix of papers!

Unknown said...

Your card looks so amazing.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

So SERIOUSLY CUTE! LOVE everything about this! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Really adorable card! Love the arrangement of all the die cuts! Great job!

Thanks for playing along with us at "Paper Playtime" and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx PP/DT

Maria said...

Beautiful card...love it inside and out!!! Take care!:-))

Carla said...

This card is gorgeous, I love all the patterned papers you used!